CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

My son is leaving..

for Navy boot camp on Monday.It's been a long wait for him,he's been in the DEP program since July and I've had all these months to prepare for his leaving the nest.I am very proud of the choices he's made and the man he's become.It will be a sad parting of sorts,my family has always been close as it's always been just us against the world,but I will put on my "strong"face until after he's gone.Even when they're all grown-up there's still the need to be the calming influence as I know his  leaving will be equally as hard for him as for us.We lost my second eldest son,his older brother, 2 years ago come March.He would be so proud of his little brother.Danny  was a huge admirer of the Marine's ,he'd bring home pamphlet's and  spend days saluting everyone when the recruiter's would visit the high school.Danny had Down Syndrome so you can understand the bitter-sweetness.I know his proudest day will come in 9 weeks when he marches in for Graduation.We'll be there,wouldn't miss it for the world  and I am honored to be able to witness my "baby boy" taking these steps into man-hood as a member of the United States Navy.

0 comments: