CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Adventure's in Soup


In my years of making soups that I think are both  nutritious and appealing I have always found that my kids when presented with this wonderful bowl of steaming liquid  that I spent all day simmering,look down at the masses of floating vegetables and declare "Mom's trying to poison us".In my quest to find a soup for those cold winter days that my family might actually enjoy eating I decided to give Potato Leek soup a spin.After looking up the recipe I discovered most simple recipe's call for 5 ingredients.Only 5 you say?Hmmm inexpensive,filling and no floating veggies for which you are trying to poison the children..=D ...Chicken broth,potato's,leeks,bacon,heavy cream and some seasoning if you choose<salt,pepper,thyme were my choices> and I added some shredded cheddar as a garnish and a loaf of warm fresh bread on the side.Patting myself on the back  for a job well done as seconds were had by all and not one complaint.It was very creamy,filling and delicious.For a healthier version you can leave out the bacon but definitely a good choice for those with an aversion to floating veggies and those looking for a nutritious ,economical meal that's quick to prepare.

0 comments: